Tanning can be a tough one especially if you’re a newbie to it. I have been using fake tan for about 6 years now so I thought I would share my tan routine for you. I usually tan more often in the winter months as my skin goes very pale, normally I will tan every two weeks or so depending on how I feel. So here is the routine I repeat when tanning.
Night Time Routine
- I start off with either a shower or a bath to get rid of any products that are on my skin i.e. deodorant or perfume as this could turn fake tan green (not something you want.
- I also shave my legs and arms as I find the tan goes on nicer to smother skin but this is obviously up to you! Lastly in the shower
- I like to apply a heavy exfoliator to get rid of any dry skin as fake tan goes darker on places such as elbows and knees if they are particularly dry.
- Once out of the shower I apply a thick body butter/moisturizer, I strongly recommend the soap and glory ones.
- After that has dried I then apply my fake tan, I use a tanning mit that you can pick up from almost anywhere these days, the fake tan I use is St Moritz it is on the cheaper scale of fake tan (around £2.99).
- After waking up you might be extremely brown/orange, don’t worry just jump in the shower and all the residue of the tan will wash off and you should be left with a lovely even tan
- Once been in the shower I like to moisturize again
That’s the end of my fake tan routine; I hope that it has helped out if you’re new to tan. If you want a fake tan product review then let me know as I have tried A LOT. Thanks for reading.